Vacuum Purge Nitriding Furnaces
The Vacuum Purge Nitriding Furnace is similar to a vacuum heat treatment furnace but without quenching capability. This furnace provides superior gas control, allowing us to fine-tune your nitriding results.
Vacuum Purge Nitriding Furnace Features & Benefits
Processing in the vacuum purge nitriding furnace can increase the fatigue strength and service life of your parts. Here are several other benefits of processing in this equipment:
- Can achieve case depths up to 0.025″
- Improved wear and anti-galling properties due to a 40–70% increase in surface hardness
- Corrosion resistance is increased through nitrogen enrichment
- Controlled low processing temperature of 700–1,200°F preserves the mechanical properties of the base material and minimizes distortion of the finished parts
- Uniform coloration
Vacuum Purge Nitriding Furnace Processes
This furnace is capable of running the following processes:
- Gas Nitriding. Precision controlled nitriding is a surface (or case) hardening process whereby nitrogen is diffused into the surface of components made of a ferrous alloy. Applications include crankshafts, tooling, aircraft landing gear mechanisms, forging and forming dies, and more.
- Ferritic Nitrocarburizing (FNC). Compared to other nitriding variants, FNC delivers a shallower hardness depth and its treatment cycles are comparatively short. Applications include automotive powertrain components, transmissions, brake rotor components, and more.
- Vacuum (Inert-Gas Nitrogen) Tempering. Vacuum tempering keeps parts bright and clean with no temper scale. Parts that will not be cleaned, machined, or coated after heat treatment are examples of parts to keep bright by vacuum tempering.
Vacuum Purge Nitriding Furnace Specifications
- Maximum Working Area: 70” W x 47” H x 39” L
- Max Capacity: 6,600 lbs at 1,100°F or lower, 5,000 lbs at temperatures higher than 1,100°F
- High Temperature: 1,382°F
Let’s Get Started
Have a complex nitriding project on the horizon? Paulo can help you achieve precise, repeatable results. Tell us a little about your project and we’ll connect you with a Paulo expert who can help.Request My Quote